|Canvas Weekender Bag|
Rugby Ralph Lauren ($89.99)
1. Mix and match. If you're traveling for 5 days, this doesn't mean you need 5 tops and 5 pairs of shorts. Mix and match to save space in your luggage! Get creative with outfits you've gotten a lot of wear out of lately. If you have a favorite skirt of the moment, make sure to bring at least 2 tops that go with it. Between you and me, nobody's going to notice or even care if you wear the same skirt twice in one week!
2. Always carry on. Lost luggage could put a major damper on your plans. So if you can manage to fit everything into a carry on duffle or wheeled bag, I highly suggest you do! Plus, you can skip the lines of people waiting for their bags. It's a win win.
3. Minimalism. Overpacking can often be more detrimental than not packing enough. You wouldn't want to have to pay extra fees because your bag is too heavy! And lugging a huge bag through the airport and to your hotel is no fun either. Put a lot of thought into the outfits you choose, and you won't regret not bringing extra choices.
4. Pack the necessities. You don't need your entire make-up bag. Are you afraid you'll land at your destination and seriously regret not bringing those ten eyeshadows you never wear anymore? I don't think so. Pack the basics. Traveling doesn't require immaculate make-up to begin with. If you haven't used that shade in the past week, I'd say don't bother bringing it.
5. Don't forget snacks! Fast food and airport snacks can do a number on your diet. If I'm traveling somewhere that requires a bikini, I'm more determined to pack my own Luna bars or trail mix. Don't let a 6am flight derail you from looking and feeling your best! Most importantly, drink water. It's free on the plane, which is perfect because airplanes can dry out your skin in a hurry.